Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thank You Steve Jobs

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." -Steve Jobs

It isn't often in this world, that you can stop and think of someone who has changed the way that you go about your daily routine.  For most American's (and with the iPhone 4s, soon the world) Steve Jobs was one of those people.

I could go on and on about the timeline of Steve Jobs.  How he dropped out of college, created a billion dollar company, was fired from that company, created two other companies, came back to the billion dollar company, and has been a driving force behind some of the most incredible technologies ever created.  While I think Macs are amazing, I don't think that they even scratch the surface of how incredible an iPod, iPad, or iPhone are.

Here is how I think of something as amazing.  If I was able to take that device back ten years, would people be amazed by it? I can honestly tell you that if you took an iPod touch, an iPhone, or an iPad back 10 years, people would be blown away.  I'm not talking about your normal blown away, I'm talking about Marty McFly seeing time traveling DeLorean for the first time blown away.  The truth of the matter is that even today we are that blown away by these products.

"I want to put a ding in the universe." -Steve Jobs

I'd say he put his ding out there.

How many people have done that in our world?  What Steve Jobs created has changed the way we communicate, the way we stay in touch, and the way we learn.  President Obama said it best a few hours ago when he said how fitting it was that most American's learned about the death of Steve Jobs on one of the devices he created.  The world has lost a great man.  Thanks to Steve for everything he has done to make our lives a little better every day.

Picture from http://www.apple.com

No comments:

Post a Comment